How to Germinate the Seeds
Each packet with cover 20×20 cm of area. You will need to spread the seeds evenly in a tank without water. Then add sand or mud substrate (so the seeds will not float) on top of the seeds. Add water so that the substrate is moist. Once the seeds begin to sprout at 1-2 cm above the surface you can gradually add more water.
Hemianthus callitrichoides makes the perfect carpeting plant. George Farmer offers some advice on its care.
Name: Hemianthus callitrichoides ‘Cuba’
Common name: HC
Origin: North America
Maximum height: Up to 3cm/1.2”
Width (each stem): 1cm+/0.4”
Hardness: Very soft to hard
pH: 5 to 7.5
Light demands: Medium
Growth rate: Slow-medium
What is it?
Hemianthus callitrichoides is one of the world’s smallest plants. It is relatively new to the hobby, but one of the most popular carpeting plants.
It is grown in nurseries emerged and can suffer from some die-off in early stages of adapting to underwater life.
It does best in a nutrient-rich substrate, preferably fine and smooth, so the delicate root structure can penetrate easily. It appreciates CO2 injection or a liquid carbon alternative and will struggle in aquariums without some form of carbon supplementation. Because this plant is so small and low to the substrate the tank must have good levels of circulation.
How do I plant it correctly?
Planting is best done in a moist substrate, but with no aquarium water added. When planting is complete, fill the tank very slowly to stop the plant from floating.
Don't need CO2 and hard light.
1. Put such matrix as aquatic-plant mud or carbon ceramic ball, etc, into your fish tank.
2. Casting on the surface of matrix. Pay attention to not let the fall below the matrix and try to keep the deed surface wet. 2-7 days is enough to sprout.
3. Temperature should not be too low, 20C-30C is favored (in winter we advice you put the plastic wrap on the top of the fish tank to keep warm).
4. Pour water along the fish tank wall when sprout. Pay attention to not scour the matrix.
5. Normally 5-7 days sprout, 15 days landscape finished.
Planting in water tank
Need to keep the temperature 28°C~30°C
1. Before breeding , please turn off all water pump filter pump, and keep the fish away from the, so that the can grow safely with soil in the bottom.
2. When germinate to breed , please keep moisture and keep 28°C~30°C for . It needs about 5-7days to germinate.
3. When the temperature is low, please turn on the aquarium heater to keep the right and good temperature.
4. After grow finish, please keep 20°C~25°C for plants
5. Open the filtration equipment, after planting.
1. Temperature shouldn't be too low, 25C is favored.
2. Please supply lighting for to germinate for about 8hours per day.
3. Don't scatter too closely while casting , leave out appropriate gap for free breathing.